Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Letting go

After 11 months of seperation he still wants to get back together. Today we were discussing a few childcare issues and my inability to place my kids in childcare while they are with me. It's not a big problem right now because my mom watches them for me. Anyway, he pops off and says "That's why we should've worked it out". It makes me so sad every time he says something about it, which isn't very often anymore, but still. I know I made the right choice for me, but he is having a hard time letting go. I'm not sure why, probably an accumilation of things, but it made me cry when he said that. I don't like knowing how much I've hurt him and I don't want to continue to hurt him by having to discuss it, so I just didn't say anything. I wish he would move on but I know it's hard.
 
posted by Unbalanced at 9:47 AM, |

4 Comments:

  At 11:10 AM Blogger Syd said:
Awww, darlin. That does sound like a heartbreaker. Time heals...and all that shit. In the mean time, it just sucks ass.

Hope things are looking up for you soon.
  At 1:02 PM Blogger Unbalanced said:
Thank you Syd. I hope he meets a nice woman. SOON!

First time he told me about a date, I smiled... I don't think that was the reaction he was looking for but you'd think he would get a clue. Poor guy.
  At 11:24 PM Blogger Zoe said:
I know it's hard, but it is the best thing. You did the right thing. He will get over it, eventually, but right now he has to wallow in self pitty. Don't let it make you feel bad.
  At 9:47 AM Blogger Unbalanced said:
Just one day at a time right? Or one year at a time.