Monday, July 24, 2006

Conversations I don't like so much

An old friend of mine fowarded an email to me with some funny story and a hunky guy, the following conversation followed:

Unbeliever - now what if you had a guy like that?? would you go for it?
Me - nah... i'd pass him off to you :P
Unbeliever - whatever LIAR
Me - i wouldn't lie to you :D hmmmmm... i wonder if he has a sister???
Unbeliever - WHATEVER DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP

Question... do you think the "all caps" in this conversation means she's yelling at me? Why do I feel the need to defend myself to her? I'm sure if confronted she would say that she was only "teasing" me. Truth is I don't see her very often at all. Probably haven't seen her in a year. We talk often on the computer and I never realized she felt this way. Then again, maybe I'm just overreacting. I was going to end the conversation by not responding after that last statement but then I happen to find the t-shirts that I posted just before this one. So I sent her the first one. hehehe
 
posted by Unbalanced at 8:37 PM, |

3 Comments:

Hmm, dunno your friend, but email etiquette suggests that all caps is equivalent to yelling or emphasizing a point.

If she's serious that's sad. I don't think you should have to "defend" yourself. If she doesn't believe you then it's her ignorance.
  At 8:09 AM Blogger Zanne said:
Email conversations are notorious for misinterpretations and misunderstandings. Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt unless comments like that become a pattern...
  At 7:32 PM Blogger annabkrr said:
LOVE the tee!!!