Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My weekend

I had an amazing weekend. Do you know that it has been over a year since I have had the house to myself? Or that C and I have never before now been able to spend a weekend without anyone else around? Well this was that weekend. My oldest daughter and my niece went out of town to visit at Grandma for a few weeks. Of course, my sister is still in jail/treatment facility. My mom went to spend the weekend with her boyfriend and my youngest two were at their dad's. Wow! The whole house to ourselves, no interruptions, no distractions, nothing! Let me just say, it was bliss.

As soon as I found out that we would have the house to ourselves over the weekend I told C not to make plans for Saturday night. It was time I put my romantic side to work. So Friday night my BFF and I went all over town gathering some things to aid in the evening I had planned. We drove all the way out to north Dallas and when we were done shopping, we headed back out to the car. Only problem was BFF locked her keys in the car. So she called her husband and while trying to explain to him where we are, her phone dies. So here we are just sitting in the parking lot joking around not letting this unfortunate turn of events ruin our time hanging out. Of course we got some very curious looks, but who cares!

Finally a security guard drove by and I chased him down. He had a slim jim and helped us out. So 40 minutes after walking out of the mall we are back on the road. Problem now is BFF's phone is dead and the directions to the next place we wanted to go where sent to her phone. Oh well, at least I was smart enough to write the phone number down and take it with us. I had a vague idea of where this place was but we still got a little turned around. Here's how the conversation went:

Me - Ok, we went to far. Pull over at this gas station and I will call them from the pay phone
BFF - I have no idea where we are. How do you know we went to far?
Me - Because the the jail is 2 blocks down this street.

At this point we just kind of look at her and laugh that unfortunately, I've been to the jail often enough to use it as a point of reference. Go figure!

So by the time Saturday rolled around I was ready to spend some quality time with my sweetie. We went to the movies and saw The DaVinci Code. (I really enjoyed the movie, although of course, the book was better) Then we headed to the deli, grabbed some sandwiches and had a picnic. The rest of the evening progressed quite smoothly, with lots of much needed quality time and some really good conversation. She walked into our room to 35 candles softly illuminating it and a tray of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, grapes, honeydew mellon), chocolate, and whip cream. Hmmm... it was heaven!
 
posted by Unbalanced at 12:25 PM, |

8 Comments:

  At 4:56 PM Blogger Syd said:
Wow! You are a romantic!

Thank God K doesn't read blogs. I can't have her seeing shit like this.

Glad you enjoyed your time. I was wondering where you were.
  At 6:44 PM Blogger Unbalanced said:
LOL, now come on Syd. Don't you know you have to turn on the romance sometimes... sort of like a negotiation tool. :D

Oh, I left out the flowers and Sex Bomb (for the bath, from lush.com)
Oh that sounds like the perfect weekend!! Good for you... I love those kinds of weekends to yourself, candle light wine and good music. Aaaaaaaaaah good for you!!
  At 7:55 AM Blogger r.d. said:
Excellent!
Aww, that is so sweet!
  At 11:29 PM Blogger Zoe said:
I'm with Syd, I'm glad BP doesn't read blogs. Christ if she did then lines like "I could chop these peppers a lot better if I were getting a hand job" would never work.

Hope you had a nice weekend. I'm glad your blog is back up. I was starting to wonder what happened to you.
  At 6:30 PM Blogger paula said:
Now, come on.. you have to tell us why you were in jail ;)

Sounds like a wonderful time with your sweetie :)
  At 9:11 AM Blogger Unbalanced said:
Luckily MG it wasn't me in jail, but I've been there a few times (most recently) visiting my sister.