Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Escape

Ok, first of all I think blogger was having a nervous breakdown (perhaps a hormonal imbalance?). So my apologies to everyone who thought I fell off the face of the earth. I didn't (although I'd like to take a flying leap off, we'll get into that later). I didn't even realize it was missing until a friend pointed it out to me. So, here I am... safe and sound (well sort of).

This is one of the many times in my life where my overwhelming need to escape has come on with such crushing force (I think it's hereditary). All I wanted to do last night was escape. Escape from my home, my neighborhood, the car, my environment, just my whole damn life. I felt like a claustrophobic locked in a tunnel.

Ok, here, I will try to explain. My oldest daughter and my niece went to El Paso with C's mom for a couple of weeks. I was really surprised when my daughter agreed to go because after the last time, she said she would never go back. My niece has lived with them before and everyone (including my sister) sees that they play favorites to my niece. Well last night I got home to a "surprise". They were home. My daughter just really wanted to come home, she said she missed us. Never really complained about the trip other than being bored at times. She really seemed to handle herself maturely and seemed proud of herself. She even told us about a conversation her and my niece had that she was really excited to relay to us. Remember that my daughter has had a hard time dealing with my relationship with C. My niece pointed out that there was room for C to move back home with her mom and it made my daughter realize that she doesn't want her to leave. She has grown to like her being there and would miss her. I know C and I's hearts both filled with pride as she relayed the story to us. She made us laugh as she topped the story off with "See, I don't need counseling anymore".

C, her mom, and I all went out to dinner. It started out fine (a little uncomfortable). She had "jokingly" complained about my daughter off and on. So I asked her if she was really that bad. The rest of the time I had to hear about poor niece and evil daughter. I know them both, hell dealt with them both and they both have their own issues. Neither is any worse than the other.

***Well, there was a whole lot more to this post but it seems blogger is taking aim at me today and after saving my draft, I came back and this was all there was. Perhaps that's fate's way of telling me I've bitched long enough and I just need to get over it.***

Ok, so here's a question for you...


If you could escape to any place in the world, where would it be? If you select other please specify in the comments just exactly where other is.
Alaska
Amsterdam
Aspen
Australia
Bahamas
Cozumel
Dublin
Dublin
Greek Islands
Hawaii
Hong Kong
Jamaica
Las Vegas
London
Madrid
Moscow
New York
Paris
Rome
Other
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

 
posted by Unbalanced at 7:10 AM, |

6 Comments:

I'd head off to Venice. I'm fascinated by a city built on so many waterways. I love boats.
  At 12:51 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I would go to a deserted island....i would take my best friend.....and we would choose a partner of choice.....hmmmmm....I wonder
  At 3:47 PM Blogger Syd said:
Thought Blogger ate you. And not in the good way. :) Glad you're back.

I would be a sorry-ass beach bum in Costa Rica, given half a chance.
  At 7:48 PM Blogger SassyFemme said:
Other: I'd head to the Maine coast. Rocky coast, sandy beaches, lighthouses, and lobster sound just about perfect to me!
welcome back...thought you had been kidnapped by aliens, or were you?
Where at any point tests performed on you?

Glad you're back.
I know I disappeared but now it seems you have too. Hope you're okay