Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Worry

I'm worried about my girlfriend. About 3 o'clock this morning she text me these messages:
3:13 am I wish I had never come here
3:18 am All I know is when I got here I was fine and just 4 days I feel like my whole world has fallen apart. I just want it all to end.

She went home to visit her parents. There is a lot of stuff going on there, I'll try to sum it up. She has a brother that is 5 years older than her and he has a 7 or 8 year old son, they live at home. The parental rights of the son's mother have been taken away and now the parental rights of the son's father (my girlfriend's brother) are in jeopardy. Child Protective Services have been involved for almost a year now. The brother has failed repeated hair follicle drug tests and eventually was sent to rehab. He's been out of rehab for a couple of weeks but the dad suspected that he was using again. The dad ended up going to stay with his brother for a few days. The mom receives a call at work from CPS telling her that the brother needs to report immediately (the dad had called and reported his suspicions). The mom told the dad that he had until Wednesday to get his stuff out. If the brother fails, not only will his paternal rights be taken away but he will not be able to be around the son. The results came in Monday and somehow he passed the hair follicle test but failed the UA. I'm not sure how that happens, or what it means. Last night I talked to C and she had spent some time with her dad and he ended up coming home with her. A good sign, I thought. Then I wake up this morning and get those text messages. I don't know what the hell has happened. Of course C is asleep and nothing wakes that girl, so I have to wait for her to call me. I'm so worried about her. Her family is so important to her, especially her mom. I know she's been worried about her being without her dad and having to raise her grandson. So I sit here, as patiently as I can, and wait.
 
posted by Unbalanced at 7:11 AM, |

0 Comments: