Monday, May 21, 2007

Manic Monday - May 21

Manic Monday


Well, the first question of today's Manic Monday comes in handy as I wanted to write about just that. So here goes...

What was the best day of the past week for you and why? The best day for me was Thursday. Thursday evening I drove to the airport and picked up my girlfriend. She came in town for a 4 day weekend. Damn I needed to see her. This weekend she finally met the last of my family. Now she knows who everyone is and guess what... they all LOVE her. BFF's mom, who is for all intents and purposes my mom, she was so freakin excited to see Turtle. No one knew she was coming. It was a surprise to everyone and honestly I think Mom was almost as excited to see her as I was. Seeing my mom's face light up like that made me feel so right about everything. She doesn't just accept her, welcome her... she embraces her. She already feels like she's gained another daughter, not just an extension of my family but an addition to her own. Only one thing left... she's looking forward to meeting her new grandson. In June we'll all be together for the first time. Turtle and her son will be here for 9 days and we are all going camping over the weekend. 21 of us, camping at Hillbilly Haven of all places lol. I am so looking forward to having Turtle, our kids, my two best friend's and their families, and our parents bringing us all together.

What is the best thing about the city in which you currently live? There are lots of things to do here. We have a major baseball team here, soon to have an NFL team, we have a Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. Yet, the best thing about where I live is that all my family is here with the exception of my girlfriend and her son, but that will come in time.

What do you love most about yourself? The thing I love most about myself is I'm finally learning how to be happy. I'm learning that no one is going to do that for me, I have to be willing to stand up and be responsible for my own happiness. And guess what... I've never been happier.
 
posted by Unbalanced at 1:20 PM, |

2 Comments:

  At 7:36 PM Blogger MommaBoo said:
Good for you! Reading your answer for #3 is so empowering. Kudos to you!

Best of luck with you and your girlfriend!

Blessings for a wonderful week!
  At 9:27 AM Blogger Sinclair said:
You're so cute when you get excited like a little kid!

The name of that campground scares me more than a little, though. :oP

~Sin~