Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Child lost in life, Mom lost in mind

It's hump day!!! I didn't sleep well last night. Had a hard time falling asleep and then a hard time staying asleep. All of which is totally out of the norm for me. I usually fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow and I'm a very deep sleeper. So I'm not sure what's up.

My ex and I share custody of our children. They stay a week at a time in each of our homes, allowing them and us to spend equal time. This week they are at their dads. My oldest called last night because she wasn't feeling well. My poor baby, she just wanted her mom. I think it's easy for me to sometimes forget how hard her life is right now. I saw this online and it made things kind of hit home for me. (The ones in italics are the ones my daughter had experienced)

How many of the events below has your pre-teen experienced in the last 12 months:

Divorce or separation of parents
New step family members introduced into the home (well kind of)
Poor performance at school
Loss of a pet
Change in daycare/babysitter/caretaker
Moved to a different town
Entered into a new school system
New baby in the home
Loss of a family member or friend
Rejection from a team or club

So, my mom is losing her damn memory again. Side note: Our living arangements are a little unique. We have a household of 8. Me, my girlfriend, my 12 year old daughter, my 5 year old son, my 3 year old daughter, my sister, her 9 year old daughter, and my mother. So anyway, I come home and say hello to my mother. She is on the computer, playing a game, and asks if I need to use the computer. I tell her no and head to my bedroom. About ten minutes later I'm sitting on my bed watching TV and my mom comes in, sees me, and says "Oh, I didn't know you were home honey". I look at her and what to say "Are you crazy woman?". But of course that's a sensitive subject.
 
posted by Unbalanced at 2:16 PM, |

0 Comments: